Subscribe to Double Runner® Magazine
Double Racing's Official Magazine
Double Runner is the new magazine from Bob Anderson, founder of Runner's World, and will serve as the flagship publication for the sport of Double Racing®. The magazine will celebrate the unique challenge of "the only running event with a halftime" and will showcase the people, training, and ambiance of the sport.
Double Racing® represents a new experience in the world of running, and Double Runner will be there to capture it every step of the way, from the exotic Double Adventure Series in Kenya to the time-traveling, Wild West environment of the San Juan Bautista Double Festival. Double Racing® takes traditional road race distances (e.g., a 15K) and splits them into two stages (e.g., 10K and 5K), with finish place determined by the combined times of both races. Between stages comes the "halftime," a recovery period during which racers ride stationary bikes, stretch, jog, perform yoga or resistance exercises, refuel, rehydrate, or simply lie down with their feet up against a wall, anything to ready their legs for the next stage.
Double Runner will offer features on Double Races and profiles of race participants. But it will also delve deeper into the world of the Double Racing® runner, offering the kind of innovative training, nutrition, and lifestyle advice that defines the double runner's approach to his or her sport. Some distinctive sections of the magazine include:
- Double Vision: We look to the future by highlighting the latest advances in gear, gadgets, nutrition, sports science, and motivational techniques.
- Halftime: Fun "shorts" on recovery strategies, quick-energy options like energy bars and natural energy drinks, and entertaining quotes overheard at races.
- Double Training: Insights into the multifaceted training of the double runner, who must prepare for long stages, short stages, and the cross-training element of halftime. Also, new approaches to resistance training and injury prevention, the better to keep training!
- Double Time: A nuts and bolts section offering race recaps, top performances, and a "Double Q & A," in which a pair of questions are answered by Double experts.
- And much more: Photo-heavy sections, the Double Interview, and more.
With Double Runner, readers will become immersed in a sport as exhilarating as it is challenging.
Cover Price $5.95
2015 Subscription Rates:
$19.98 for six issues (one year SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER)
$49.98 for 12 issues (two years)
$59.98 for 18 issues (three years) Best Savings - PLUS Get the movie A Long Run on DVD for FREE!
Don't miss an issue! Subscribe today!
Secure Subscription Form (US Subscriptions only)
Order by Phone: (650) 948-4901
This form is for Credit Card and PayPal Payments only. If you would like to mail a check or be billed for your subscription,
Click here to download the printable subscription form (in PDF Format)
Free DVD Offer is a limited time offer. DVD will be mailed within two business days of your paid three year subscription.
Copyright 2016 Double Runner® Magazine - ISSN 2375-267X - Contact